By Young C Kim
Coastal constructions are an enormous part in any coastal defense scheme. They without delay keep an eye on wave and typhoon surge motion or to stabilize a seashore which supplies security to the coast.
This publication presents the main up to date technical advances at the layout and building of coastal constructions and sea defenses.
Written via well known training coastal engineers, this edited quantity specializes in the most recent know-how utilized in making plans, layout and building, powerful engineering technique, exact initiatives and difficulties, layout and building demanding situations, and different lesions learned.
Many books were written concerning the theoretical remedy of coastal and ocean buildings. less has been written in regards to the sensible perform element of ocean constructions and sea defenses. This finished e-book fills the distance. it's an important resource of reference for execs and researchers within the parts of coastal, ocean, civil, and geotechnical engineering.
- Simulators as Hydraulic try out amenities at Dikes and different Coastal buildings (Jentsje W van der Meer)
- Design, development and function of the most Breakwater of the hot Outer Port at Punto Langosteira, los angeles Coruña, Spain (Hans F Burcharth, Enrique Maciñeira Alonso, and Fernando Noya Arquero)
- Performance layout for Maritime constructions (Shigeo Takahashi, Ken-ichiro Shimosako, and Minoru Hanzawa)
- An Empirical method of seashore Nourishment formula (Timothy W Kana, Haiqing Liu Kaczkowski, and Steven B Traynum)
- Tidal energy Exploitation in Korea (Byung Ho Choi, Kyeong okay Kim and Jae Cheon Choi)
- A Floating cellular Quay for great box Ships in a Hub Port (Jang-Won Chae and Woo-Sun Park)
- Surrogate Modeling for typhoon Wave and Inundation Prediction (Jane McKee Smith, Alexandros A Taflanidis and Andrew B Kennedy)
- Statistical equipment for probability overview of Harbor and Coastal buildings (Sebastián Solari and Miguel A Losada)
Readership: Researchers, execs, teachers and graduate scholars in coastal, ocean, civil and geotechnical engineering.
Read or Download Design of Coastal Structures and Sea Defenses (Series on Coastal and Ocean Engineering Practice) PDF
Best hydraulics books
Fluid dynamics is the engineering technology facing forces and energies generated through fluids in movement. Fluid dynamics and hydrodynamics play an essential function in way of life. sensible examples contain the circulation movement within the kitchen sink, the exhaust fan above the range, and the air con method in our domestic.
Dam and levee remediation has develop into extra commonly used because the commence of the twenty-first century. Given the vastness and complexity of the infrastructures concerned, maintaining with upkeep wishes is particularly tough. significant surges in fix are typically brought on through nature’s wake-up calls, similar to hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes.
Momentum move in Fluids offers details pertinent to fluid mechanics. This ebook discusses a number of themes relating to the circulation of fluids, together with boundary-layer research, statistical remedy of turbulence, in addition to laminar and turbulent shear-flow. created from seven chapters, this publication begins with an summary of the actual nature of momentum and describes the applying of this idea to platforms of variable weight, that are valuable within the prediction of the actual habit of fluids in movement.
- Pile Design and Construction Practice, Fifth edition
- Turbulence in Porous Media: Modeling and Applications (Elsevier Insights)
- Buoyancy-Thermocapillary Convection of Volatile Fluids in Confined and Sealed Geometries (Springer Theses)
- Entropy-Based Parameter Estimation in Hydrology (Water Science and Technology Library)
Additional resources for Design of Coastal Structures and Sea Defenses (Series on Coastal and Ocean Engineering Practice)
Design of Coastal Structures and Sea Defenses (Series on Coastal and Ocean Engineering Practice) by Young C Kim