By Miguel Ángel Toledo,Rafael Morán,Eugenio Oñate
In the final a long time, the expertise of dam defense has passed through significant developments. The expanding call for for safeguard in glossy society has created the necessity for good value measures to guard severe infrastructure akin to dams. this case has led to the drafting of latest rules and technical manuals in international locations like Norway, Sweden, and the us, between others.
Dam Protections opposed to Overtopping and unintended Leakage includes the newest advances in dam safeguard, and a portfolio of purposes in consultant case reviews. the most issues contain:
- Failure of embankment and urban dams as a result of overtopping or unintentional leakage
- tough protections for embankment dams (RCC, wedge-shaped blocks, bolstered concrete slabs)
- gentle protections for embankment dams (rockfill ft, articulated concrete blocks, plants cover)
- Concrete dam protections and extra matters at once relating to dam protections
The publication contains contributions from the first foreign Seminar on Dam Protections opposed to Overtopping and unintentional Leakage (Madrid, Spain, 24-26 November 2014), and in addition a precis of the technical handbook "Overtopping defense for Dams", released by way of the USA Federal Emergency administration service provider (FEMA) in March 2014. Dam Protections opposed to Overtopping and unintended Leakage offers a entire precis of dam protections, protecting case stories and utilized study around the globe, and should be beneficial to execs and teachers in Dam Engineering.
Read Online or Download Dam Protections against Overtopping and Accidental Leakage PDF
Best hydraulics books
Fluid dynamics is the engineering technology facing forces and energies generated by means of fluids in movement. Fluid dynamics and hydrodynamics play a necessary position in way of life. functional examples comprise the circulate movement within the kitchen sink, the exhaust fan above the range, and the air-con approach in our domestic.
Dam and levee remediation has develop into extra time-honored because the commence of the twenty-first century. Given the vastness and complexity of the infrastructures concerned, maintaining with upkeep wishes is particularly tough. significant surges in fix tend to be caused by way of nature’s wake-up calls, equivalent to hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes.
Momentum move in Fluids offers details pertinent to fluid mechanics. This e-book discusses a number of themes relating to the move of fluids, together with boundary-layer research, statistical remedy of turbulence, in addition to laminar and turbulent shear-flow. made out of seven chapters, this booklet starts off with an outline of the actual nature of momentum and describes the appliance of this idea to structures of variable weight, that are worthwhile within the prediction of the actual habit of fluids in movement.
- Micromixers: Fundamentals, Design and Fabrication (Micro and Nano Technologies)
- An Introduction to Hydraulics of Fine Sediment Transport: 38 (Advanced Series on Ocean Engineering)
- Separation of Flow (International series of monographs in interdisciplinary and advanced topics in science and engineering, v. 3)
- Dams (Studies in the History of Civil Engineering)
- Erosion of Geomaterials (Iste)
- Experimental and Numerical Study of Dynamics of Premixed Hydrogen-Air Flames Propagating in Ducts (Springer Theses)
Extra info for Dam Protections against Overtopping and Accidental Leakage
Dam Protections against Overtopping and Accidental Leakage by Miguel Ángel Toledo,Rafael Morán,Eugenio Oñate