By Limin Zhang,Ming Peng,Dongsheng Chang,Yao Xu
• the 1st booklet that introduces the explanations, methods and effects of dam failures
• Integrates the actual tactics of dam breaching and the mathematical facets of danger review in a concise manner
• Emphasizes integrating idea and perform to higher exhibit the applying of threat overview and determination methodologies to actual cases
• Intends to formulate dam-breaching emergency administration steps in a systematic structure
Read or Download Dam Failure Mechanisms and Risk Assessment PDF
Similar hydraulics books
Fluid dynamics is the engineering technological know-how facing forces and energies generated by means of fluids in movement. Fluid dynamics and hydrodynamics play an essential position in daily life. sensible examples comprise the movement movement within the kitchen sink, the exhaust fan above the range, and the air-con procedure in our domestic.
Dam and levee remediation has develop into extra popular because the begin of the twenty-first century. Given the vastness and complexity of the infrastructures concerned, maintaining with upkeep wishes is especially tough. significant surges in fix tend to be caused by way of nature’s wake-up calls, resembling hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes.
Momentum move in Fluids presents details pertinent to fluid mechanics. This booklet discusses a number of subject matters with regards to the stream of fluids, together with boundary-layer research, statistical therapy of turbulence, in addition to laminar and turbulent shear-flow. constituted of seven chapters, this ebook starts off with an outline of the actual nature of momentum and describes the applying of this idea to structures of variable weight, that are beneficial within the prediction of the actual habit of fluids in movement.
- Flow Analysis: A Practical Guide
- Simulation Based Engineering in Fluid Flow Design (Springerbriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- 3D-Groundwater Modeling with PMWIN: A Simulation System for Modeling Groundwater Flow and Transport Processes
- Practical Electrical Equipment and Installations in Hazardous Areas (Practical Professional Books from Elsevier)
- Physics of Gas-Liquid Flows
- Coastal Disasters and Climate Change in Vietnam: Engineering and Planning Perspectives
Additional info for Dam Failure Mechanisms and Risk Assessment
Dam Failure Mechanisms and Risk Assessment by Limin Zhang,Ming Peng,Dongsheng Chang,Yao Xu