By Hamid Bolouri
This ebook serves as an creation to the myriad computational ways to gene regulatory modeling and research, and is written particularly with experimental biologists in brain. Mathematical jargon is refrained from and motives are given in intuitive phrases. In instances the place equations are unavoidable, they're derived from first ideas or, at least, an intuitive description is equipped. huge examples and a number of version descriptions are supplied to be used in either school room routines in addition to self-guided exploration and studying. As such, the ebook is perfect for self-learning and likewise because the foundation of a semester-long path for undergraduate and graduate scholars in molecular biology, bioengineering, genome sciences, or structures biology.
- What Is a procedure, and Why should still We Care?
- What types Can and can't Predict
- Why Make Computational versions of Gene Regulatory Networks?
- Graphical Representations of Gene Regulatory Networks
- Implicit Modeling through interplay community Maps
- The Biochemical foundation of Gene Regulation
- A Single-Cell version of Transcriptional Regulation
- Simplified versions: Mass-Action Kinetics
- Simplified versions: Boolean and Multi-valued Logic
- Simplified types: Bayesian Networks
- The dating among good judgment and Bayesian Networks
- Network Inference in Practice
- Searching DNA Sequences for Transcription issue Binding Sites
- Model choice Theory
- Simplified types — GRN country Signatures in Data
- System Dynamics
- Robustness Analysis
- GRN Modules and construction Blocks
- Notes on info Processing for GRN Modeling
- Applications of Computational GRN Modeling
- Quo Vadis
Readership: Undergraduate- and graduate-level experimental biology scholars and researchers and training biologists; computational biology scholars and researchers; scholars and researchers in bioengineering, genome sciences, and similar disciplines.
Read Online or Download Computational Modeling of Gene Regulatory Networks — A Primer PDF
Similar genetics books
This name develops from the twenty fourth Stadler symposium. It explores the final topic "GENOME EXPLOITATION: information Mining the Genomes". the assumption at the back of the subject matter is to debate and illustrate how scientists are going to signify and utilize the big volume of knowledge being collected approximately plant and animal genomes.
Ache Genetics: uncomplicated to Translational Science is a well timed synthesis of the foremost parts of analysis informing our figuring out of the genetic foundation of ache. The ebook opens with foundational details on easy genetic mechanisms underlying ache conception and progresses lately found complicated recommendations dealing with the sphere.
Study within the genomics of a handful of fungi has matured at an extraordinary cost permitting complete overview. advancements in fungal genomics may be of serious importance to new ideas in fields the place disciplinary crossovers of fungal genomics, genes and their law, expression, and engineering could have a robust influence in facing agriculture, meals, normal assets, existence sciences, biotechnology, informatics, metabolomics, prescribed drugs and bioactive compounds.
Via greater than 50 years of educational study, Richard Lynn has special himself as one of many world's preeminent specialists on intelligence, character, and human biodiversity. *Race changes in Intelligence* is his crucial paintings in this so much arguable and consequential subject. masking greater than 500 released reviews that span 10 inhabitants teams, Lynn demonstrates either the validity of innate intelligence in addition to its heritability throughout racial teams.
- Advances in Down Syndrome Research (Journal of Neural Transmission. Supplementa)
- Reconstituting the Cytoskeleton: 540 (Methods in Enzymology)
- Applied Plant Genomics and Biotechnology (Woodhead Publishing Series in Biomedicine)
- Human Blood Groups: Chemical and Biochemical Basis of Antigen Specificity
Extra info for Computational Modeling of Gene Regulatory Networks — A Primer
Computational Modeling of Gene Regulatory Networks — A Primer by Hamid Bolouri