By Alberto Ferrari,Marco Russo
Renowned DAX specialists Alberto Ferrari and Marco Russo educate you ways to layout information versions for optimum potency and effectiveness.
How are you able to use Excel and gear BI to achieve actual insights into your details? As you study your information, how do you write a formulation that gives the numbers you wish? The solutions to either one of those questions lie with the information version. This e-book introduces the fundamental concepts for shaping info versions in Excel and gear BI. It’s intended for readers who're new to information modeling in addition to for skilled info modelers trying to find assistance from the specialists. that allows you to use energy BI or Excel to research facts, the various real-world examples during this e-book might help you examine your studies in a special way–like skilled information modelers do. As you’ll quickly see, with the proper info version, the proper solution is often an easy one!
By examining this booklet, you will:
• achieve an figuring out of the fundamentals of knowledge modeling, together with tables, relationships, and keys
• make yourself familiar with big name schemas, snowflakes, and customary modeling techniques
• examine the significance of granularity
• notice how you can use a number of truth tables, like revenues and purchases, in a fancy info model
• deal with calendar-related calculations by utilizing date tables
• tune old attributes, like past addresses of consumers or supervisor assignments
• Use snapshots to compute volume on hand
• paintings with a number of currencies within the most productive way
• examine occasions that experience periods, together with overlapping durations
• research what info version you want to resolution your particular company questions
About This Book
• For Excel and gear BI clients who are looking to make the most the complete energy in their favourite tools
• For BI execs looking new rules for modeling data
Read or Download Analyzing Data with Power BI and Power Pivot for Excel (Business Skills) PDF
Best business economics books
The whirlwind of economic globalization has descended upon rising marketplace economies and quick switch has introduced either advantages and difficulties upon a dynamic staff of countries. This e-book examines the impression of ever expanding monetary globalization on rising industry economies, either within the former communist nations of japanese Europe and the constructing global typically.
The 1st paintings to significantly and effectively bridge 20th century economics and philosophy. Subroto Roy attracts those disciplines jointly and examines the highbrow roots of economics.
First released in 2004. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
This quantity concentrates on overseas matters that relate to fiscal rules and governance. it truly is crucial examining for all postgraduates and students searching for specialist dialogue and debate of the problems surrounding the case for brand new fiscal rules on the international level.
- Analytics Boot Camp: Basic Analytics for Business Students and Professionals
- Strategic Factors in Nineteenth Century American Economic History: A Volume to Honor Robert W. Fogel (National Bureau of Economic Research Conference Report)
- Sustainable Communities and Green Lifestyles: Consumption and Environmentalism (Routledge Studies in Sustainability)
- Advances in Behavioral Economics (The Roundtable Series in Behavioral Economics)
- Computable, Constructive & Behavioural Economic Dynamics: Essays in Honour of Kumaraswamy (Vela) Velupillai (Routledge Frontiers of Political Economy)
Extra info for Analyzing Data with Power BI and Power Pivot for Excel (Business Skills)
Analyzing Data with Power BI and Power Pivot for Excel (Business Skills) by Alberto Ferrari,Marco Russo