By Edward G. Lengel
- Provides readers with new insights into formerly missed facets of Washington's life
- Features unique essays from best students and renowned historians
- Based on new learn from millions of formerly unpublished letters to and from Washington
Read Online or Download A Companion to George Washington (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best biographies of presidents & heads of state books
From his election in November 1860 to his demise in April 1865, Abraham Lincoln confronted consistent hazard from these opposed to him and to the Union reason. Lincoln’s enemies made 4 overt makes an attempt on his existence, together with a accomplice partisan attempt to contaminate him with yellow fever by means of sending a infected valise of garments to the White condo.
This biography of George Washington used to be written by way of Norman Hapgood, probably the most very important historians of the past due nineteenth and early twentieth century. His paintings on Lincoln in vintage, no much less so than his paintings the following. In an intimate and penetrating portrait of our first president, Hapgood exhibits us the guy who maintained the fortitude and energy all through his lifestyles that helped unite a brand new country via warfare and past.
Even if the state replaced considerably among the presidential phrases of Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln, those leaders shared universal pursuits and held remarkably comparable evaluations on many very important concerns. In Jefferson, Lincoln, and the incomplete paintings of the kingdom, Ronald L. Hatzenbuehler describes the perspectives of 2 of our nation’s maximum presidents and explains how those perspectives supply helpful perception into glossy debates.
Le portrait surprenant du troisième président des États-Unis ! Thomas Jefferson a rédigé seul, à 33 ans, l. a. Déclaration d’indépendance des États-Unis d’Amérique. Il a été gouverneur de Virginie, ministre plénipotentiaire à Paris, secrétaire d’État, vice-président puis président, demeurant dix-huit ans au sommet du jeune État américain.
- Presidential Parallels: What Our Presidents Had in Common, and Didn’t!
- The Atomic Bomb and the Origins of the Cold War
- The Generalissimo's Son: Chiang Ching-kuo and the Revolutions in China and Taiwan
- Gorbachev: The Man and the System
- The Bush Crime Family: The Inside Story of an American Dynasty
- The Roosevelt Myth (LFB)
Additional resources for A Companion to George Washington (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to George Washington (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Edward G. Lengel